[Soot-list] How to map line number to units

Bodden, Eric eric.bodden at sit.fraunhofer.de
Tue Feb 17 08:23:55 EST 2015

Hi all.

Since a few months there are convenience methods on every stmt that choose the right tags automatically. Should be quite easy.

Cheers,
Eric

On Feb 17, 2015 1:48 PM, Steven Arzt <Steven.Arzt at cased.de> wrote:
Hi,

the line numbers are available through the tags associated with the
respective units. There are multiple types of tags, some only have the
source line number, others also the column in the source file. From
bytecode, you will only get line numbers, from source code, you can also get
columns. Try Unit.getTags() (inherited from the Host class).

However, there are some things to keep in mind: Soot's front-end for Java
source code is not up to date. This means that you are unlikely to be able
to parse Java 7-style source code. Java 6 should be fine, though. Developing
a new source front-end is a major undertaking we need to do at some point.
If you use the bytecode front-end, you should be on the safe side.

Best regards,
  Steven