[Soot-list] Access android classes that are not in the stub

Xinxin Jin xinxin at cs.ucsd.edu
Tue Feb 24 04:32:36 EST 2015

Hi all,

I need to include Android TextView and Toast class in my analysis, but when
I run Soot on my app, I notice these two classes are not in Android stub (
jar under sdk/platforms/ ).

For TextView, I got message:  "Warning: TextView is a phantom class!"

​For Toast, I got nothing. None of the method in Toast class is reached and
there is no warning messages about it.

I guess I could include the whole Android SDK into the analysis, but it
will be too costly and not scalable. So is there any other way to model the
two classes without including the whole SDK ?

Thank you very much for your help !
​

--
Xinxin Jin