[Soot-list] FlowDroid does not recognize callbacks in Android Loader

Xinxin Jin xinxinjin89 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 14:32:54 EST 2015

Hi,

Did FlowDroid miss collecting the callbacks from Loader ?  For the
following (simplified) code, where an activity implements the
LoaderManager.LoaderCallback, there are three callbacks, onCreateLoader(),
onLoaderReset() and loadInBackground(), as marked in bold. However
FlowDroid does not reach any of them. I guess the reason is LoaderManager
class is not included in the stub jar ?

public class NationalAlertsWizardActivity extends ActionBarActivity implements
LoaderManager.LoaderCallback<DataContainer> {

    public Loader<DataContainer> *onCreateLoader*(int paramInt, Bundle
paramBundle) {

    public void *onLoaderReset*(Loader<DataContainer> paramLoader) {

    public NationalAlertsWizardActivity.DataContainer *loadInBackground*() {

To include these callbacks into my analysis, my approach is to manually
search the implementers of LoaderManager and collect them by
scene.v().getMethod(). Is it the right way to do so ?

Thanks a lot !