[Soot-list] Broken links in Soot Github wiki

Darren Kulp darren at kulp.ch
Mon Jan 5 18:48:36 EST 2015

I am trying to follow the Soot tutorials. My end goal is to determine how
to run "jop" on in-memory JIMPLE (that I have generated). In the process, I
read https://github.com/Sable/soot/wiki/Packs-and-phases-in-Soot which has
links to different phase descriptions, such as :

http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/tutorial/phase/phase.html#SECTION000140000000000000000

but of course this link no longer works as all the soot pages under
sable.mcgill.ca redirect to the Github-hosted homepage.

Is the old site gone for good ? It would seem beneficial, as long as not
all the documentation is moved, to redirect only requests from
http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/ to http://sable.github.io/soot/ but to
leave deep links alone – or else to host such a page at
http://sable.github.io/soot/tutorial/phase/phase.html#SECTION000140000000000000000
and update the links in the wiki to match. Otherwise the online
documentation's usefulness is compromised.

For now I am going to clone the repository and browse tutorial/phase
locally.

Thank you,

Darren Kulp