[Soot-list] Inner Class Detection Problem

Jason Ott jott002 at ucr.edu
Fri Jul 24 19:56:22 EDT 2015

I have a class: com.android.server.power.PowerManagerService$BinderService
<http://androidxref.com/5.1.1_r6/xref/frameworks/base/services/core/java/com/android/server/power/PowerManagerService.java#2797>
which
is an inner class.  However, Soot does not see it that way when I try to
forceResolve it using: BODIES|HIERARCHY|SIGNATURES (or any combination of
them).

When I use SootClass.hasOuterClass() on the above resolved class it returns
false.

This is how I resolve the class:

protected synchronized SootClass bringClassToScene(String className) {
    SootClass sootClass;
    sootClass = Scene.v().forceResolve(className, SootClass.BODIES |
SootClass.HIERARCHY | SootClass.SIGNATURES);
    sootClass.setApplicationClass();
    return sootClass;
}

So I then invoke:

SootClass sootClass = bringClassToScene("");

sootClass.hasOuterClass() //return false

I would expect it to return true in this case.