[Soot-list] APK File Which Causes Soot Infoflow Android Test to Crash

R.F. rayfang1991 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 28 09:24:27 EDT 2015

Hi Alexandre and Steve,

I just opened up a new Eclipse workspace and cloned the latest source code
on the develop branch (or default branch on GitHub) of Jasmin (
https://github.com/Sable/jasmin), Heros (https://github.com/Sable/heros),
Soot (https://github.com/Sable/soot), Soot Infoflow (
https://github.com/secure-software-engineering/soot-infoflow) and Soot
Infoflow Android (
https://github.com/secure-software-engineering/soot-infoflow-android). My
arguments are "/PATH/TO/andrewgilman.dartsscoreboard.apk
/PATH/TO/android-platforms". The "android-platform" directory is also a
clone of https://github.com/Sable/android-platforms. The JRE used by
Eclipse is Oracle Java 7 on Ubuntu (/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-oracle).

However, the crash still exists. Is there something wrong with my
configuration?

I also decompiled the APK and noticed that in the manifest XML file, there
no configuration regarding SDK version. Could this be the reason?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
R.F.