[Soot-list] Soot and Java class path

Naveen Neelakandan neelakandan at wisc.edu
Wed Jun 3 04:01:39 EDT 2015

Hello,

I am working on writing an application that extends soot and I came across some inconsistent behaviour. In the 2.5.0 version of Soot, all classes on the Java classpath are also on the Soot classpath. However, for the nightly build (as of today - 6/3/15), this is not the case and only those classes explicitly specified with the -cp flag on the command line to the Soot Main are on the Soot classpath.

Thus, for example, if the following command was run, then for Soot-2.5.0, soot.package.TesterClass would be listed as an application class in scene.getApplicationClasses(). Whereas, in the Soot-nightly, there would be a ClassNotFound Exception. Assuming soot.package.TesterClass is present in Tester.jar only.

java -cp Tester.jar soot.SootMain -cp some-dir soot.package.TesterClass [other options]

This seems to be similar to the issue rockflying describes here: https://github.com/Sable/soot/issues/284

Should I open up a new issue for this or is this the expected behaviour?

Thanks,

[https://avatars2.githubusercontent.com/u/1079349?v=3&s=400]<https://github.com/Sable/soot/issues/284>

soot.SootResolver$SootClassNotFoundException when ... · Issue #284 · Sable/soot · GitHub
Steps to reproduce: 1.) This is my command line: java -cp soot-trunk.jar soot.Main -cp /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_60.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/rt.jar:"../benchmarks/Sunflow/sunflow/classes/":"../benchmarks/Sunflow/sunflow...
Read more...<https://github.com/Sable/soot/issues/284>