[Soot-list] [Add jars to cp]Processing Hadoop application.

TANG, Yutian Chris csytang at comp.polyu.edu.hk
Fri Jun 26 09:39:40 EDT 2015

Dear all,

 I use Soot to generate call graph for my Hadoop
program.

 I start whole-program mode, I add all potential jars used in
Hadoop to 4 directories: hadoop_jars/common/ ,hadoop_jars/yarn/,
hadoop_jars/mapreduce/, hadoop_jars/hdfs/

 	* Is that correct to add
all jars under directory use some thing like "/hadoop_jars/common/*"?

I start Soot with

-cp
/Users/tangchris/bin/:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_25.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/rt.jar:

/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_25.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/jce.jar:

/Users/tangchris/hadoop_jars/common/*:/Users/tangchris/hadoop_jars/yarn/*:/Users/tangchris/hadoop_jars/hdfs/*:/Users/tangchris/hadoop_jars/mapreduce/*
-W -p wjop enabled:true -p cg enabled:true -p cg.spark enabled:true -f
none MaxTemperature MaxTemperatureMapper MaxTemperatureReducer

 BUT,
it cannot find the relative classes. What's the matter?

 	* Another
concern is that if I have two jars with the same name under different
directories, how Soot gonna find the correct one?

 For example, if
both yarn and hdfs contains a jar named "common_jar" and all contain
"com.class", which one will be used?

 Thanks

Best

Chris.