[Soot-list] Try to get the dependency path during forward slice analysis

Zhen Dong zhendng at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 09:48:57 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I would like to do the forward slice analysis for a variable v. As I know,
Soot just produces line numbers of statements affected by this variable, or
IR statements. But I am also interested in how variable v affects these
statements. For instance, variable v affects statement P through a series
of statements S0, S1, ... Sm. I would like to get the information about the
dependency path, something like that v affects S0, S0 affects S1, ... and
Sm affects P. Is it possible to get dependency paths from the forward slice
analysis of Soot? Could anybody help me and give me some suggestion? Thank
you.

Zhen