[Soot-list] Why classes in the library "android.support.v4" are regarded as application classes?

Steven Arzt Steven.Arzt at cased.de
Thu Mar 5 03:29:18 EST 2015

Hi Zipeng,

These classes are contained in your APK file and are thus considered application classes. Your whole APK file is Soot’s process dir and that makes all contents application classes. You can however use the Soot exclude options to remove them from the set of application classes. The Infoflow / SetupApplication classes have setSootConfig() methods which allow you to provide a custom Soot configuration to adapt exactly such options.

Best regards,

  Steven

M.Sc. M.Sc. Steven Arzt

Secure Software Engineering Group (SSE)

European Center for Security and Privacy by Design (EC SPRIDE)

Rheinstraße 75

D-64293 Darmstadt

Phone: +49 61 51 869-336

Fax: +49 61 51 16-72118