[Soot-list] Application classes vs library classes in FlowDroid

Steven Arzt Steven.Arzt at cased.de
Wed Mar 11 10:33:10 EDT 2015

Hi all,

FlowDroid actually has a slightly different semantics as it configures and launches Soot on its own. During this process, all classes usually end up on the normal Soot classpath and become library classes to make sure that we only load what we definitely need. The generated dummy main class and the classes containing Android entry points however need to be application classes s we always need their full implementations.

In short, do not rely on distinguishing application classes and library classes if you are accessing classes from inside FlowDroid callbacks.

Best regards,
  Steven