[Soot-list] VTable for Java

Bodden, Eric eric.bodden at sit.fraunhofer.de
Mon Mar 30 03:03:36 EDT 2015

Hi Naveen.

Best use Scene.v().getHierarchy() to browse Subclasses.

Cheers,
Eric

On Mar 29, 2015 13:53, Naveen Neelakandan <neelakandan at wisc.edu> wrote:

Hello,

I am working with Soot on a project. I was wondering if there was any way for me to obtain a VTable equivalent for Java classes from Soot?

Basically, for a given class, I would like to know for each method in that class, which of the sub-classes override that method. So for instance if I have a super class Animal with a method run() and 2 sub-classes Cat and Dog that override run(), I would like to be able to be able to query for these 2 sub-classes. What is the easiest way in which I can do this in Soot?

If there is no direct support, I am thinking I have to traverse all the classes myself and create a VTable-like data structure myself? I would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks,

Naveen Neelakandan