[Soot-list] ConcurrentModificationException with spark vta:true

Jason Ott jott002 at ucr.edu
Tue May 26 18:40:44 EDT 2015

As the subjects states, I'm receiving a "ConcurrentModificationException"
when I run SPARK with the vta option set to true.

My setup is simple, I'm just pushing a number of classes into soot and
build a callgraph.

My args: -p cg.spark on -p cg.spark vta:true -w -cp
/path/to/custom/java/classes/:/path/to/other/directory/:. -f J
-allow-phantom-refs

I just iterate a list of classes that are to be added, add them, add the
custom entry points, and ask for a call graph:

for(Manifest m : mManifest) {
    System.out.println(m.toString());
    if(stringToType(m.type) != CreationType.STATIC) {
        sootClass = Scene.v().forceResolve(m.className, SootClass.BODIES);
    } else {
        sootClass = Scene.v().forceResolve(m.path + "." + m.className,
SootClass.BODIES);
    }
    entryPoints.add(sootClass.getMethodByName(m.method));
    sootClass.setApplicationClass();
    processed++;
}

System.out.println("Processed: " + Integer.toString(processed));

Scene.v().loadNecessaryClasses();

Scene.v().setEntryPoints(entryPoints);
PackManager.v().runPacks();

// Build the callgraph!
CallGraph callGraph = Scene.v().getCallGraph();