[Soot-list] Generating Local Variable Table in .class output

Naveen Neelakandan neelakandan at wisc.edu
Mon Oct 5 03:35:26 EDT 2015

Hi,

I am looking to see if Soot has some command line option to generate / retain the local variable table in the .class output. Basically an equivalent of javac's -g:vars option. I am aware of the

-p jb use-original-names:true

option and have tried it, but it seems that it only retains the variable names in the .jimple output and not in the .class files. Searching through the mailing list  brings up these 2 related posts where it is mentioned that such support was not available in Soot and had to be implmented by the user by adding a new tag to each SootMethod.

https://mailman.cs.mcgill.ca/pipermail/soot-list/2010-May/002953.html

https://mailman.cs.mcgill.ca/pipermail/soot-list/2013-November/006379.html

I'm just wondering if anything has changed since then or will I have to write a patch for soot for this?

Thanks,

Naveen