[Soot-list] Java 8 support status

Steven Arzt Steven.Arzt at cased.de
Thu Oct 15 17:22:53 EDT 2015

Hi Raffi,

Soot’s frontend for Java source code is fairly outdated at the moment. We are currently looking for students to update it to support newer Java versions. At the moment, I would recommend to use the bytecode frontend whenever possible.

The bytecode frontend should work with Java 8 as long as it does not contain some really specific invokedynamic behaviors or the like. Just give it a try, chances are that it works just fine.

Best regards,

  Steven