[Soot-list] Dacapo - Avrora Performance

Naveen Neelakandan neelakandan at wisc.edu
Wed Oct 28 04:48:41 EDT 2015

Hello,

I am seeing a high performance penalty (~15% - 20%) for the Dacapo Avrora benchmark when passed through soot.  Note that I am not doing any transformations of my own in this case and this behaviour appears to happen only for this benchmark. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience with this benchmark?

The command that I am running to compile the benchmark through soot is

java -d64 -Xmx6G -cp soot-trunk.jar soot.Main -pp -w -allow-phantom-refs -cp $compile_class_path -process-dir $process_dir -main-class Harness Harness org.dacapo.harness.Avrora

where $compile_class_path and $process_dir refer to the same directory where the contents of avrora-cvs-20091224.jar are extracted to.

Thanks,

Naveen