[Soot-list] Process a project using source code

csytang csytang at comp.polyu.edu.hk
Mon Sep 7 06:33:07 EDT 2015

Hi all,
 I use Soot to process a project, let's say Apache Mahout. I got stuck
in selecting the correct file path.
 First, I have the compiled class files, the only reason that I start
from source code is I want to obtain the location tag. If we start from
class files,we only locate to source line instead of a position. right?

 	* CASE 1 [indirect file path(project directory)]

 I use the following, set the directory to project directory, it
requires .class files

> -src-prec java -cp "my libraries" -process-dir "/Downloads/mahout/" -f none

 The error message goes like:

> java.lang.RuntimeException: Error: couldn't find class: examples.src.main.java.org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.example.bookcrossing.BookCrossingBooleanRecommender are the packages set properly?

 I am a bit of confused that I start from .java, how can I have the
.class files?

 	* CASE 2 [use a specific directory]

 If I use a specific direcotry

> -src-prec java -cp "my libraries" -process-dir "/Downloads/mahout/mr/src/main/java" -f none

 It can process the source, but it got exception, due to lack of
dependency.

 Thus, how to set the path, if I want to process the whole project.
Thanks in advance.
Best
Chris.