[Soot-list] about soot.scene.basicclasses

luojess jesscialuo at outlook.com
Tue Sep 15 09:46:27 EDT 2015

Hi all:
   I'm starting reading soot source code from the beigining.I'm not know what the difference between the bassicclasses[SootClass.SIGNATURES],bassicclasses[SootClass.HIERARCHY],and bassicclasses[SootClass.BODIES]. What does the resolve level meaning ? And why the class "java.lang.String" use the  SootClass.HIERARCHY while the class "java.lang.StringBuffer " is SootClass.SIGNATURES ?

 In  Scene.addSootBasicClasses()
  addBasicClass("java.lang.String");//addBasicClass(name, SootClass.HIERARCHY);
  addBasicClass("java.lang.StringBuffer", SootClass.SIGNATURES);

  I'm looking forward to your reply!