[Soot-list] FlowDroid - How to output all Abstraction objects generated during analysis

Steven Arzt Steven.Arzt at cased.de
Fri Sep 25 04:55:46 EDT 2015

Hi Katie,

FlowDroid has handlers that allow you to capture all the abstractions (and also modify them before passing them back to the taint propagation engine if required). You don’t even need to modify the FlowDroid source code – notifyOutFlowHandlers() is essentially just passing on the abstractions to the TaintPropagationHandler registered with the data flow tracker. The intended usage would thus be to call Infoflow.setTaintPropagationHandler() and get the abstractions in that callback.

However, beware that the abstractions are quite many. Storing all of them might make your analysis run out of memory pretty quickly.

Best regards,

  Steven

M.Sc. M.Sc. Steven Arzt

Secure Software Engineering Group (SSE)

European Center for Security and Privacy by Design (EC SPRIDE)

Rheinstraße 75

D-64293 Darmstadt

Phone: +49 61 51 869-336

Fax: +49 61 51 16-72118