[Soot-list] Soot Eclipse Plug-in

Vitor Rodrigues vitor at di.unito.it
Mon Feb 1 09:03:42 EST 2016

Hi Steven,

The context of our research is Software Product Lines, where there is a
infinite number of programs that can be generated from a feature model. Our
goal is "lift" the data-flow analysis of single-program (null dereference) to a
family of all possible programs at static-time.

In principle, we will have to extend the prototype developed by Tal Lev-Ami,
Neil Immerman and Mooly Sagiv. To have a intuition on how Soot works, we have
to run the existent analysis (PHASE = jap.npc). In
https://github.com/Sable/soot/wiki/Running-Soot-as-Eclipse-Plugin, it explains
that we can:
- Use a Jimple editor with syntax highlighting
- View attribute information at source and IR levels
- Develop analyses with an interactive control flow graph

These tools would be very interesting to use for single programs and, _maybe_,
it could also help to extend the existent abstract interpreter. Let's say that
the Eclipse plug-in would be the first experience with Soot.

Best, Vitor