[Soot-list] Analyzing rt.jar

Manas Thakur manasthakur17 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 00:53:25 EST 2016

Hello all,

While analyzing rt.jar (with the -process-dir) option, I am getting the following error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: no superclass for java.lang.CharSequence                                                   │apple/laf/JRSUIConstants$Property.class
        at soot.SootClass.getSuperclass(SootClass.java:767)
…

If I use the released version of soot (soot-2.5.0), I get the following error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Trying to create interface invoke expression for non-interface type: java.util.Map$Entry Us│apple/laf/JRSUIConstants$SegmentPosition.class
e JVirtualInvokeExpr or JSpecialInvokeExpr instead!                                                                    │apple/laf/JRSUIConstants$ScrollBarPart.class
        at soot.jimple.internal.JInterfaceInvokeExpr.<init>(JInterfaceInvokeExpr.java:46)                              │apple/laf/JRSUIConstants$PropertyEncoding.class
        at soot.jimple.Jimple.newInterfaceInvokeExpr(Jimple.java:433)

Can anyone suggest what may be wrong?

Regards,
Manas