[Soot-list] Performance problem

Simone Aonzo simone.aonzo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 12:06:35 EST 2016

Hi all,
with this code:

private static final File androidJar = new
File("/home/simo/android-sdk-linux/platforms/");
private static final File sourcesAndSinks = new
File("./src/main/resources/SourcesAndSinks.txt");
private static final File apk = new File("./src/main/resources/whapp.apk");
// ...
soot.G.reset();
SetupApplication setupApplication = new
SetupApplication(androidJar.toString(), apk.toString());
setupApplication.calculateSourcesSinksEntrypoints(sourcesAndSinks.toString());
Set<String> entrypointClasses = setupApplication.getEntrypointClasses();
Set<String> callbackClasses = setupApplication.getCallbackClasses();

using an app "bigger" (code size) like Whatsapp soot/infoflow takes more
than two hours... with a "tiny" app it takes less than one minute.
How can I improve performance? My goal is to obtain the call graph and
the classes that contains the callbacks.

Thanks for help!
Simone