[Soot-list] application classes

Eugen Zalinescu eugen.zalinescu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 09:25:53 EDT 2016

Hi,

In my main, after setting up the Soot class path, I call
  Scene.v().loadClassAndSupport(appClassName);
  Scene.v().getApplicationClasses()
for some class appClassName, which is found on the class path.

When the Soot class path is a directory that only contains class files
(like what is found in a usual path/bin), then getApplicationClasses
returns an empty chain. When the Soot class path is a directory that
only contains source files (like path/src), then getApplicationClasses
returns an the class named appClassName and all the classes referenced
by this class and which are found in the same directory.

I find this puzzling...

Best regards,
Eugen