[Soot-list] Implication of include-all in whole-program mode

Steven Arzt Steven.Arzt at cased.de
Tue May 24 06:22:17 EDT 2016

Hi Manas,

The "include-all" and "app mode" options are completely orthogonal to whether you enable whole program mode or not. Include-all means that no classes will be excluded by default, not even internal stuff like sun.*. App mode means that all classes on the Soot classpath are treated as application classes, so everything is loaded and transformed. This so far only tackles inputs.

Whole program mode takes whatever your inputs are and then runs transformers that not only look at a body at a time, but at the whole scene. You need it for algorithms such as callgraph computation. It does not define what the scene includes or treats as application or library classes.

I hope this clarifies the concepts a bit.

Best regards,
  Steven