[Soot-list] Intent Analysis

Steven Arzt steven.arzt at cased.de
Wed Oct 12 05:24:36 EDT 2016

Hi Severin,

If the code is trivial, you can directly find the action strings as
constants in the respective API calls (e.g., setAction()). If this call
site only contains a local, and no constant, you might be able to use a
constant value propagation to pre-process the code. In general,
especially in the case of obfuscated apps or malware, you will, however,
have to invest more effort and go for approaches such as Harvester
(published at NDSS 1016) [1].

[1]
https://www.internetsociety.org/sites/default/files/blogs-media/harvesting-runtime-values-android-applications-feature-anti-analysis-techniques.pdf

Best regards,