[Soot-list] Missing fields in Android classes, cannot collect 'em all =(

Edmund Lam sigmasllam at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 20:05:21 EDT 2016

Hi all,

    I just started playing with Soot + Android, and got into a strange
issue. At first, I pointed Soot to android jars found here
https://github.com/Sable/android-platforms . All was well but when I needed
to use new versions of Android, and simply pointed Soot to the android.jars
from the Android SDK. For some reasons, non-static fields of Android
library classes from the Android SDK jars do not show up in soot (i.e.,
when you 'getFields') My question is any ideas why this happens? =( Also,
how do we get new versions of android.jar (18 and up) that works correctly
with Soot? Can we simply just re-compile Android from source?

Thank you!