[Soot-list] Getting information about parameters and arguments both statically and dynamically

Tanzirul Azim tanzir.buet at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 21:24:27 EDT 2016

Hi,

I am doing some analysis for Android APIs and callbacks using SOOT. For this reason I need to do following two tests.

i) for callbacks I need to know detail about any parameters associated with that callback, for example if it is onClick(View v) I would like to know details about the view parameter V (i.e. which type of object it is) and if I know the type of object I want to put logging instruction to get real time information. For example if the . parameter is a type of Coordinates and Coordinates provides to accessible fields x, y I need to find out that information and add log to it. How can I achieve that? I need to instrument the app to get that dynamic information.

ii)For API calls I know which stmt is a invoke stmt. But I need to know details about the arguments passed to that API call and analyze the arguments just like the above approach.

I would appreciate your input regarding these types of analysis.

--
Tanzir