[Soot-list] Dex Constant Pool

Michael Appel michael.appel at stud.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Sep 26 06:14:51 EDT 2016

Hello everyone,

I want to find all library methods referenced by the application. In the case of Java applications, I simply iterate all application classes, get the respective coffi class and process the member “constant_pool” of type cp_info[] which is a representation of the constant pool.
Now in the case of android, I’ve learnt that there is a shared constant pool which contains all methods referenced by the application, i.e. in theory I just have to iterate that to find references to library methods, right? Are there any means in Soot / Dexpler to process the constant pool of dex files? Any pointers on how I could solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.