[Soot-list] Excluding support classes in an APK file

Mian Wan mianwan at usc.edu
Sun Apr 23 05:43:41 EDT 2017

Hi, all.

As we know, Soot will treat all classes in an APK file as application classes. I tried to use the -x excluding option to make those classes, like “android.support.*” and “com.google.*”,  as library classes.

I tried the following options, but the excluding option doesn’t work. The application class number is still 5000+.

String[] sootArgs = {
        "-w",
        "-f", "n", // no output
        "-keep-line-number",
        "-allow-phantom-refs",
        "-process-dir", Configs.apk,
        "-src-prec", "apk",
        "-android-jars", Configs.androidJar,
        "-x", "android.",
        "-x", "com.google."
};

I tried the option in both the command line and the Options.v().set_exclude() API. Is there any way I can minimize the application class number for my analysis?

Thanks,

Mian