[Soot-list] getJavaSourceStartLineNumber() not defined

Hannah Pankow 2284062P at student.gla.ac.uk
Wed Aug 23 09:34:52 EDT 2017

Hi there,

I'm relatively new to Soot and am currently implementing a taint analysis on individual .java files using Soot and Heros.

Now that the tainting is working, I would also like to display the corresponding source code line numbers of the tainted values.

After a bit of research, I found that calling  unit.getJavaSourceStartLineNumber() is the preferred way of doing this. However, when I try calling the method on either a unit or SootMethod, it says that the method is not defined for the type. I feel like I'm under some basic misconception of how to use the method properly and would be very grateful if somebody could clear this up for me.

I have found several questions relating to unit.getJavaSourceStartLineNumber() but none of them had the problem of not finding the method in the first place.

I'm using the latest nightly-build soot-trunk.jar in eclipse.

Thanks in advance!