[Soot-list] ERROR: oops <java.io.FileOutputStream: void <init>(java.lang.String)

Pallavi Majumder s8pamaju at stud.uni-saarland.de
Thu Jan 12 05:41:12 EST 2017

Hi All,

I want to instrument the below code using soot:

PrintStream writing=new PrintStream(new FileOutputStream("file.txt"));

So I thought I'll start with creating the FileOutputStream object first.

Soot Code:

  final Local fileLocal=Jimple.v().newLocal("writing",
  RefType.v("java.io.FileOutputStream"));
body.getLocals().add(fileLocal);
   units
   .insertBefore(Jimple.v()
   .newInvokeStmt(Jimple.v()
   .newSpecialInvokeExpr(fileLocal, Scene.v()
   .getMethod("<java.io.FileOutputStream: void
<init>(java.lang.String)").makeRef(),
   StringConstant.v("file.txt"))),stmt);

When I run this it gives the exception:
Worker thread execution failed: oops <java.io.FileOutputStream: void
<init>(java.lang.String)

Does anyone know a solution to this?

Thanks,
Pallavi