[Soot-list] New Tool to help you write and debug Soot-based analyses! Please help us with a study!

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at uni-paderborn.de
Fri Jun 30 07:16:29 EDT 2017

Dear Soot community!

This email is intended to those of you who are familiar with Soot and who would like to devote a little bit of their time to help us improve it for everybody.

Our group at Fraunhofer IEM and Paderborn University is currently running a user study on debugging tools for static analysis.
Specifically have designed an exciting new prototype that is meant to help you writing and debugging static analyses with Soot.

We are now looking for participants who are familiar with Soot to assess the usability improvements our tool promises.
In this study, we will collect information on how analysis writers interact with our integrated tool in the Eclipse IDE.

The study will take place in July, and the time commitment is no higher than a 1,5 hour session.
The information we will collect will be anonymized and used later to improve the tool. We may also use the results of the study for future research publications.

We hope you are interested in learning more about our tooling and in participating in our study. If so, and/or if you can recommend other people who could be interested, please contact my student Lisa Nguyen (lisa.nguyen at iem.fraunhofer.de).

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Eric Bodden

--
Prof. Dr. Eric Bodden
Chair for Software Engineering at Heinz Nixdorf Institut, Paderborn University