[Soot-list] basic profiler fails for soot

Arnamoy Bhattacharyya arnamoy at ualberta.ca
Fri May 12 22:10:22 EDT 2017

Hello I am trying to run a basic soot profiler from the link
https://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/tutorial/profiler2/index.html.  I
follow the steps:

1.  Compile the instrumentation driver to create a class
2.  Compile the code to be tested to create a class

Run the following command from inside a directory where
soot_nightly.jar, Driver.class, TestInvoke.class resides.

java -cp .:soot_nightly.jar Driver -cp
.:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.91-1.b14.el7_2.x86_64/jre/lib/rt.jar
TestInvoke

But I get the following error:

Caused by: soot.SootResolver$SootClassNotFoundException: couldn't find
class: MyCounter (is your soot-class-path set properly?)

Can anyone please tell me what is the correct command for this to succeed?

PS:  relevant code from the driver where it is loading the class

static {
          counterClass    = Scene.v().loadClassAndSupport("MyCounter");
          increaseCounter = counterClass.getMethod("void increase(int)");
          reportCounter   = counterClass.getMethod("void report()");
        }

Thanks a lot for your help

--
Arnamoy Bhattacharyya