[Soot-list] Accessing the Java AST in Soot

Pratik Fegade ppf at cs.cmu.edu
Sat Oct 28 10:48:04 EDT 2017

Hi,

I need to know the template type arguments passed to java collections for
my analysis. As the Java bytecode and Jimple are both type-erased, that is
not possible in the IR. I notice that there is a way to feed Java files
directly to Soot. I can then access the AST generated before type erasure
for my purposes. Is that frontend of Soot still maintained? If not, is
there any other way I can obtain the necessary information?

Thanks,
Pratik Fegade