[Soot-list] [FlowDroid] Query aliases

Arzt, Steven steven.arzt at sit.fraunhofer.de
Tue Feb 6 14:12:49 EST 2018

Hi Umar,

The FlowDroid alias analysis has been built with the goal of data flow analysis in mind. The alias analysis takes a taint abstraction, propagates it backwards, and derives new taint abstractions for the discovered aliases. It is not a general-purpose alias analysis that you can just use without modifications. What you could do, though, is create fake taint abstractions at the statements at which you need aliases, have the access paths point to the variables for which you need aliases, and run the propagation. You then need to detect when such a taint hits a statement at which you are interested in alias information.

For more information on how the FlowDroid alias analysis works, you can have a look at my PhD thesis: http://tuprints.ulb.tu-darmstadt.de/5937/.

Best regards,
  Steven