[Soot-list] Some question on soot.

leetsong leetsong.lc at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 10:14:58 EST 2018

Hi all,

I’m Simon.

I’m a novice in Java analysis using Soot. And I am not very familiar with the operations in Soot. I have several questions listed below:

1. How to get the source files? I mean, the source file names. I’ve tried `someMethod.getTag(“SourceFileTag”).getName()`, but I got nothing. :-(. Did I miss some configuration options?
2. I’m using FlowDroid. And in the phase of processing an apk, a lot of logs (the faked main method, the Spark information, the transformation information, etc.) are printed. Is there a switch that can close this verbose information? I’ve tried the option `-v/verbose`, but I've got nothing changed. :-(
3. I would like to generate a full inter-procedural program dependencies graph (a.k.a SDG). Is there an interface that can help to do this? I’ve tried `HashMutablePDG`, but I found that it is intra-procedural :-(. And in the phase of transformation, and sometimes, some method cannot be transformed (an exception will be thrown at times, not usually)

I would appreciate if anybody can give me a hand. Thanks a lot!

--
Sincerely,
Simon