[Soot-list] FATAL ERROR while using Play In Agent Tamiflex

Nikhil cs16m028 at smail.iitm.ac.in
Tue May 1 03:55:32 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I am trying to use Tamiflex.
I am using jdk version 1.8.0_131.

I can use Play out Agent without any error.

$ java -javaagent:poa-2.0.3.jar -jar dacapo-9.12-bach.jar avrora -s small
TamiFlex Play-Out Agent Version 2.0.3
Loaded properties ~/.tamiflex/poa.properties
===== DaCapo 9.12 avrora starting =====
===== DaCapo 9.12 avrora PASSED in 1778 msec =====

TamiFlex Play-Out Agent Version 2.0.3
Found 34 new log entries.
Dumped 1207 new classes.
Log file written to: path_to/out/refl.log

then I run my transform on it.
change the pia.properties to make it point to correct folder.

but when I run Play In agent I get the following error

$ java -javaagent:pia-2.0.3.jar -jar dacapo-9.12-bach.jar avrora -s small
TamiFlex Play-In Agent Version 2.0.3
Loaded properties from ~/.tamiflex/pia.properties
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at
    at
    at
sun.instrument.InstrumentationImpl.loadClassAndStartAgent(InstrumentationImpl.java:386)
    at
sun.instrument.InstrumentationImpl.loadClassAndCallPremain(InstrumentationImpl.java:401)
Caused by: java.lang.InternalError
    at sun.instrument.InstrumentationImpl.retransformClasses0(Native Method)
    at
sun.instrument.InstrumentationImpl.retransformClasses(InstrumentationImpl.java:144)
    at de.bodden.tamiflex.playin.Agent.premain(Agent.java:60)
    ... 6 more
FATAL ERROR in native method: processing of -javaagent failed
Aborted (core dumped)

Can someone help me resolve this error?

Thanks,
Nikhil