[Soot-list] detect if a loop can be parallelized

Ishaq ishaq at ishaq.pk
Thu Nov 1 11:58:26 EDT 2018

Hello,

I know this problem has been solved for C compilers, any pointers to a
paper/resource would be much appreciated.

I thought I could use Def/Use analysis for this i.e. if a path exists from
a use U to a def D, then their parent loop cannot be parallelized but this
generates false positives almost all the time. This is because we usually
have a phi node like $i4 = Phi($i3, $i5) where $i5 is defined near end of
the loop.

Thanks.
--
MI