[Soot-list] [Android][FlowDroid] Extending FlowDroid to track input validation along the access path

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at uni-paderborn.de
Thu Apr 4 06:40:30 EDT 2019

Hui Sumaya.

I discussed this with Stevan Arzt.

This should be possible to achieve by creating a shortcut rule for the appropriate input-validation APIs. The XML rule format is described in our StubDroid-paper. A concrete example is Collection.clear(), which can be found here:
https://github.com/secure-software-engineering/soot-infoflow-summaries/blob/develop/summariesJDK/java.util.Collections%24SynchronizedList.xml

Cheers
Eric