[Soot-list] Control-Flow with regards to a Heros analysis

Kyle Davey kdavey at hotmail.co.za
Thu Aug 1 11:11:54 EDT 2019

Hi there

If I perform an inter-procedural analysis using Heros, will it be path sensitive with regards to different control-flows? In other words, if there is a branching statement in the program being analysed would it be able to analyse the program down each of the branched paths (as well as the rest of the program)?

e.g.
int x = 2;
if (x > 1) {
    x = 5;
}
System.out.println(x);

Assuming no optimisations are made in the above example, would Heros reach the println statement twice depending on the path taken?

I look forward to your response. Thank you.

Kind regards,
Kyle