[Soot-list] Parsing Java source with Soot

Wim Keirsgieter wim.keirsgieter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 07:24:31 EDT 2019

Hi there

I am having trouble analysing Java source code (Java 8) with Soot. Parsing
class files works fine, but parsing source files (with both the JastAdd and
Polyglot front ends) gives me a myriad of errors, even with trivially small
programs. I can give examples if needed, but the errors often differ
(however from the stack trace it's clear the errors are coming from the
parser).

>From the Soot documentation it's unclear whether what I'm trying to do is
even possible. I'm using Soot v3.3.0, and from what I can tell the parser
front ends are quite outdated on this branch.

Is there a way to reliably parse Java 8< source code using any version of
Soot? Or am I out of luck on this front?

Kind regards
Wim