[Soot-list] Current state of invokedynamic support in soot

Daniel Peebles pumpkingod at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 10:28:16 EDT 2019

Hi all,

I’m running soot on a jar and it’s barfing with an error saying “Failed to convert” on a method that returns a java.util.function.Function from a lambda expression. The bytecode involves invokedynamic and I’m wondering if soot has trouble on that sort of code, and if so, what a good approach to dealing with it is.

Unfortunately I can’t share the code in question but might be able to reduce it later if it helps or if this behavior is unexpected.

Thanks,
Dan