[Soot-list] [Heros][FlowDroid] inter procedural analysis using Soot and Heros

Umar Farooq ufaro001 at ucr.edu
Wed Mar 6 02:03:31 EST 2019

Hi All,

I am trying to implement inter-procedural analysis using Heros, and I need
to understand a few things. On high level, how intra-procedural and
inter-procedural analyses fit together in Heros?

   1. Do we need to write an intra-procedural analysis apart from the
   IDE/IFDS problem, where intra-procedural analysis implements WorkList
   algorithm that needs to converge and IDE/IFDS will propagate facts along
   the way?
   2. In case we don't need to write intra-procedural part as FlowDroid
   doesn't implement,
      1. How Heros implements work list algorithm? let's say we want to
      implement live variables analysis where back edge can change the results.
      2. Also, How can we tell Heros to use intersection/union meet
      operators for branches?

I appreciate the help!
Bests,
Umar Farooq