[Soot-list] Multiple instances of Soot

Gregor Beatson gregor.beatson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 12:19:32 EST 2019

Hi everyone,

I have a program which in main() creates an instance of a class 'A' (for
simplicity) which runs some analysis on an Android app using Soot (one
instance of 'A' per app, instance never reused for other apps). As I need
to run this on multiple Android apps, at the moment that would involve
running my program in a script. I was hoping to be able to do this in a
single invocation of my program, i.e. creating multiple instances of 'A'
within main(). With the singleton classes in Soot, however, I am not sure
of the implications for this. Doing this using multiple threads and very
quickly ran into errors, which I think is due to these singleton classes.
Would the only ways around this be either a single-threaded for-loop, or
using multiple processes rather than threads? Or is there something I have
missed that may allow me to have a different instance of Soot per thread?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks