[Soot-list] how to understand access to private filed in a class

Fang Zhou timchou.hit at gmail.com
Tue May 14 09:00:03 EDT 2019

Hi all,

I'm using soot to track the data flow of a private field in a class.

In my test, I find the private field is used by a weird method called
access$200 in the class. However, this method does not exist in the
class. I check the method and inter-CFG. It seems the method just
directly return the private field value to the caller method.

I have two questions:
First, how can I distinguish such special method and normal method?
Second, can I get the caller of such special method directly instead
of checking inter-CFG?

Thanks in advance.
Best,
Fang