Beginners' guides for Soot
|In 2008 Eric Bodden started a
series of blog posts specifically designed to
lead Soot beginners through the first steps of using Soot:
Note: We do not provide PDF versions of the
tutorials above because you should
be able to get a nicely formatted print-out by just printing the HTML
Using Soot as a Command Line Tool
- Soot Commandline Options
- Phase Options
- Inspecting/disassembling classfiles
- Optimizing Classfiles
- The Jimple Parser
- A Brief Overview of Shimple
- Whole-program Devirtualization Optimizations
- Annotation Options
- Using Side-Effect Attributes
Using Soot as a Compiler Framework
Guide to Java Program Analysis with Soot
by Arni Einarsson and Janus Dam Nielsen
- On the Soot menagerie -- Fundamental Soot Objects.
- Creating a Class File from Scratch.
- Annotating a Class Created from Scratch.
- Using Soot for profiling: developing a goto
- More on profiling.
- Implementing Flow Analyses Using Soot
- Adding attributes to class files via Soot
- Notes on Invokedynamic (JSR 292) in Soot
Slides from tutorials given at conferences
- PLDI 03