Students supervised by Clark Verbrugge
Current Students & Research Topics
- Alexander Borodovski: Non-determinism in game search
- Navjot Singh: Visibility algorithms in games
- Jonathan Campbell: Tracking in games
- Bentley James Oakes (co-supervised): Verifying models.
- Māris Jukšs (co-supervised): Optimizing model transformations.
Former Students & Thesis/Project Titles
- Jonathan Tremblay: Computing Techniques for Game Design. 2016
- Zhen Cao: Efficient Design and Implementation of Software Thread-Level Speculation. 2015
- Chris Dragert (co-supervised): Model-Driven Development of AI for Digital Games. 2015
- Christopher J.F. Picket: Software Method Level Speculation for Java. 2012
- Gregory B. Prokopski: Optimizing Software--hardware Interplay in Efficient Virtual Machines. 2009
- Dayong Gu (co-supervised): Hardware-based GC and phase analysis in JVMs. 2007
MSc - Thesis
- Muntasir Chowdhury: Exhaustive Exploration Strategies for NPCs in Game Maps. 2016
- Shuo Xu: Improving Companion AI in Small-Scale Attrition Games. 2015
- Zhenzhou Wu: Speech Synthesis with Deep Denoising Autoencoder. 2015
- Dhirendra Singh: Using Medial Skeleton for Path Finding in Dynamic Stealth Games. 2015
- Qihan Xu: Procedural Guard Placement and Behaviour Generation. 2015
- Bentley James Oakes: Practical and Theoretical Issues of Evolving Behaviour Trees for a Turn-Based Game. 2013
- Ben Kybartas: Design and analysis of ReGEN a narrative generation tool. 2013
- Timothy Drews (co-supervised): Shared augmented reality: A framework for networked augmented reality applications. 2013
- Martin Ashton: Measuring Cooperative Behavior in Contemporary Multiplayer Games. 2012
- Yi Zhang: Implementation and Optimization of Thread-Local Variables for a Race-Free Java Dialect. 2012
- Tom Chen: Distributed Collision Detection and
- Maxime Chevalier-Boisvert (co-supervised): McVM: An Optimizing Virtual Machine for the MATLAB Programming Language. 2009
- Yanwar Asrigo (co-supervised): Communication Middleware for a Web-based Game Lobby. 2009
- Nicholas Rudzicz: Arda: A Framework for Procedural Video Game Content Generation. 2009
- Peng Zhang: Dataflow on game narratives. 2009
- Josh Goodman: A hybrid design for cheat detection in massively
multiplayer online games. 2008
- Richard Halpert: Static Lock Allocation. 2008
- Michael Hawker (co-supervised): Subgames in Massively Multiplayer Online Games. 2008
- Xun Zhu (co-supervised): Static verification of concurrent system design. 2008
- Haiying Xu: Dynamic purity analysis for Java. 2007
- Jean-Sebastien Boulanger (co-supervised): Interest management in multiplayer computer games. 2007
- Ahmer Ahmedani (co-supervised): Java information flow for security. 2006
- Jorge Ressia: XThread: A Flexible Concurrency Analysis Framework. 2006
- Félix Martineau: PNFG: A Framework for Computer Game Narrative Analysis. 2006.
- Sokhom Pheng: Dynamic Data Structure Analysis and Visualization of Java Programs. 2006.
- Marc Lanctot: Adaptive virtual environments in modern multi-player computer games. 2005.
- Bruno Dufour (co-supervised): Objective quantification of program behaviour using dynamic metrics. 2004.
- Lin Li: A practical MHP information computation for concurrent Java programs. 2004.
- Sam B. Sanjabi: Dataflow analysis of the Π-calculus. 2004.
MSc - Project
- Jaryd Novotni: Magic: The Gathering AI with GPU. 2013.
- Nicolas Ng: Evaluation of Path Planning Techniques for the Mammoth Game Architecture. 2006.
- Xuebo Liang: Incorporating inconsistency into network computer games. 2005.
- Irwin Chiu Hau: A generic computer game engine generator. 2005.
- Lin Wang: Java application extraction. 2005.