Re:

	But then if the ID really was "if" you would parse it as a
	command instead of an ID.

	Two things might help:

	- you know more about the ID, like the number of characters, or
	that it is always capitals or something.

	- you use the context to help the parser work.  For example,
	if an ID was always followed by a colon, but colons weren't used
	after commands then the parser would have no problem.

	There may be other ways too - I'm no expert on this :-)

	Andrew