Re: AST transformations

Etienne.

Tommorrow I'll release the DisplayAST code. Thanks for sending the
message about Sable 3. I found it very interesting, although a little
confusing at first. I think its a great idea and I can't wait for you
to release it (but finish your thesis first). I'm still thinking about
the details of a postparsing AST transformation system. I'm coming at
this from the perpective of term rewriting (or in this case tree
rewriting), but the reason I didn't respond to your message earlier is
that I haven't got the details worked out. However, it should be a
very flexible system that can traverse the tree in several ways
applying pattern-directed transformations.

Let me think about it a little more and I'll send you a more substantive
message about it.

Regards,
Jeff
----