Re: AST transformations

Abiut previous literature.

Check out Dave Wile's "POPART" system, which is quite similar to
what you are proposing, but in an ad-hockish Lisp kind of way.

Also, there was a survey of program transformation systems published in
Computing Surveys a few years back (maybe 10?).  I think Peter Pepper was
one of the authors, but I'm not sure any more.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to give you more precise references
right now.  I'll try to look them up sometime next week.

-- hendrik@topoi.cam.org